A debit card is also known as ATM card and refers to a plastic card that enables card holders to carry financial transactions using the card. Debit cards offers card holders electronic access to his/her bank account. Online debit cards need electronic authorization of every transaction and changes are reflected in the card holder’s bank account immediately. On-line debit systems employs normal authentication processes of net banking for providing provide real-time on-line debit transactions.
Steps for Online recharge via Debit Card
· You should ensure that the site is genuine and secure before making any payments online. With the advent of HTTPS and SSL technologies, online transactions have become safer and secure than ever before.
· As a card holder, you need to select the amount of recharge and select the option for payment via debit card on the company website.
· After selecting Visa Debit Card as a payment option, you should see the options which ask for your Visa Debit card number and expiration date. You should complete these fields with correct and accurate details. The debit card number is printed on both sides of the card and expiration date is located below that number.
· You should enter the security code in the “Security Code” field. This option is not available for all the sites however some sites may ask for it. It is a three-digit number next to the debit card number on the back of the card.
· After entering and verifying all the required details, you can press the “Submit” button. In some cases, you would be asked to confirm your information. You can confirm the details of your transaction and click “Submit” to process your card.
· You should note down the confirmation number provided by the site after the processing of your debit card.
Benefits of Online Recharge via Debit Card
(1) Cost Effective: Online Recharge via Debit Card is cost effective for customers and the companies. Companies are required to employ less staff and keep fewer customer care offices as there is very less involvement in this process by salaried employees. It greatly reduces the work load of companies. Customers make savings in terms of time and money spent on going to dealers or withdrawing money from Bank or ATM, etc.
(2) Instant Recharge: Online Recharge via Debit Card allows the customer to do instant recharge using his/her debit card. Moreover, customers will also receive confirmation status of their recharge over the phone via SMS or by email. Thus, one can recharge their prepaid account by sitting comfortably in home with few clicks on PC or laptop.
(3) Easy to use: Online recharge via Debit Card is quite easy to use. Customers are not required to remember any login ID or password. They can complete the entire transaction by submitting the details mentioned on the Debit card such as Debit card Number, expiration date and 3 digits security code. Customers can also find the detailed guidelines on the websites of the bank for doing Online Recharge via debit card.